The following is a summary of the decisions made by our general body, in 10/3/2015
Topics to be discussed:
- The plan for the new masjid.
- Reviewing the financial and activities reports.We spend the meeting in discussing the issue of the new masjid. Brothers and sisters had shared their opinions about establishing a new masjid either by buying the church, located at 145 and 148 N Gill St., or by building on our land, located on West College Ave.
The majority of the attendees agreed on the following:
- Making an offer to buy the church on N Gill. Note that accepting our offer does not imply that we have to buy it. This step preserves the church as an option for us.
- Organizing a visit, for the community members, to see the church buildings from inside. We will contact our real estate agent and get back to you inshallah.
- The community authorized Br/ Jamal Rostami to contact the architecture who worked on the project of West College property, to check the feasibility of building a masjid or Islamic center on this land under the new code and regulations.
- After we are done with these points, we will have a general body meeting, inshallah, to compare the advantages and disadvantages of each of these projects under the updated information that we will get.
- The community agreed on the need of new constitution for the masjid, that contains a board of trustees besides the executive council. We will spread a draft of a new constitution and collect your comments on it to be discussed in a general body meeting.
-Because of time limitation, we had not reviewed the financial report, nor the summary of the activities.
Secretary of the ISCP